[Xastir] NWS Warning Maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 23 13:13:22 EDT 2009

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Dale Seaburg wrote:

> through, or I forget to do so...) then when xastir fires up and the maps are
> loaded, the status line says "Loading Weather Alerts" or the like, it's
> getting the weather alert data from either INet or RF as you say.

Xastir caches the weather alerts in files and rotates them like log
files.  It reads those on startup so that you don't have to wait for
them to come in again, assuming you've had Xastir on somewhat
recently anyway.

     ~/.xastir/logs/wx_alert.log
     ~/.xastir/logs/wx_alert.log.1
     ~/.xastir/logs/wx_alert.log.2