[Xastir] I must be missing something....

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 23 22:44:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, Bill Ramsey wrote:

> I have the county maps and the maps from the get-NWSdata script in
> the Counties directory. Shapelib library is installed. The
> configuration is to allow weather alerts. I am connected to an
> APRS server with no distance limits set and with the port filters
> set as t/n and t/w.

Map->Disable All Map should _not_ be checked
Map->Enable Area Color Fills may need to be checked (don't remember)
Map->Enable Weather Alerts must be checked

>  Looking at the NWS/SPC Watch, Warning, Advisory Display I can see all
> sorts of watches and warnings from the mid-west to the east coast. Sometimes
> a warning will show up, but only stays on the screen until the next
> "refresh" cycle when it goes away never to return even though the alert or
> warning is still active.

It's possible that WXSVR isn't up, or isn't functioning on those
particular alerts properly for some reason.

FWIW:  I'm not seeing any currently in my View->Weather Alerts
window or on my map display either.  I'd suspect that WXSVR might be
down or that somebody changed the format.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer