[Xastir] I must be missing something....

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Jun 23 18:34:17 EDT 2009

Bill Ramsey wrote:
> Ok,
>
>   I have the county maps and the maps from the get-NWSdata script in the
> Counties directory. Shapelib library is installed. The configuration is to
> allow weather alerts. I am connected to an APRS server with no distance
> limits set and with the port filters set as t/n and t/w. Using debug level 6
> I can see, in the terminal, the alert_display_request. WMS radar is over
> laid on the map z_07my09.shp and displays properly. However, there are no
> warnings showing. There is nothing in View -> Weather Alerts.
>
>   Looking at the NWS/SPC Watch, Warning, Advisory Display I can see all
> sorts of watches and warnings from the mid-west to the east coast. Sometimes
> a warning will show up, but only stays on the screen until the next
> "refresh" cycle when it goes away never to return even though the alert or
> warning is still active.
>
>   The tier2 server I am using is first.aprs.net. Should I be using another
> for weather? It seems like I am missing something very fundamental in my
> setup that I don't recognize.

Minor nit.  first.aprs.net is a Core server.  I don't know what Tier2
has up these days.  I understood they were standing up more of their
"Tier2 Core" servers but I just don't know.

As I mentioned earlier, I'll try to get either shapefiles, or a valid
watches/warnings graphic up similar to the radar I provide.

gerry
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983