[Xastir] I must be missing something....

Bill Ramsey ka8wtk at ohio.net
Tue Jun 23 18:13:15 EDT 2009

Ok,

  I have the county maps and the maps from the get-NWSdata script in the
Counties directory. Shapelib library is installed. The configuration is to
allow weather alerts. I am connected to an APRS server with no distance
limits set and with the port filters set as t/n and t/w. Using debug level 6
I can see, in the terminal, the alert_display_request. WMS radar is over
laid on the map z_07my09.shp and displays properly. However, there are no
warnings showing. There is nothing in View -> Weather Alerts.

  Looking at the NWS/SPC Watch, Warning, Advisory Display I can see all
sorts of watches and warnings from the mid-west to the east coast. Sometimes
a warning will show up, but only stays on the screen until the next
"refresh" cycle when it goes away never to return even though the alert or
warning is still active.

  The tier2 server I am using is first.aprs.net. Should I be using another
for weather? It seems like I am missing something very fundamental in my
setup that I don't recognize.

Thanks,

            Bill