[Xastir] mac version of xastir yielding error

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Sat Mar 7 16:40:51 EST 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 12:21, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> In this thread you said you tried both openmotif and lesstif. I've
> been told and believe that openmotif is the cause of the problem I
> have with some of the menus in Xastir. But no one has ever been able
> to give me a step by step instruction on how to remove it. I've
> tried all the vague instructions, I've asked the Apple forums, I've
> asked people here all without any luck.
>
> Step by step, how do I uninstall openmotif so I can install lesstif?

I was going to ask the same question Bob did, how did you install it?
If you used Fink (my preference) or MacPorts then it is easy.

For Fink:

fink remove openmotif
or
fink purge openmotif
(purge also removes configuration files, this is what I recommend)

For MacPorts you'll have to ask someone else as I don't even have it
installed anymore.

If you installed it manually, then removal will be more difficult.