[Xastir] Still having issues installing Please help

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Mar 9 00:33:47 EDT 2009

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009, Ronny Julian wrote:

> Close..  I still cannot load anything but the line maps.
>
> Is there a way to download maps to a DVDR or a separate hard drive?

  Yes, you can download maps. Put them in the maps directory and reindex
maps to make them visible.

But before that, How did you configure xastir?  WHen you ran ./configure,
it output a series of messages that told you what kinds of map types were
supported.  Can you cut-n-paste the report from the end of the configure
output, and show us how your copy is configured?

Here's what mine looks like:

<quote>
xastir 1.9.5 has been configured to use the following
options and external libraries:

MINIMUM OPTIONS:
   ShapeLib (Vector maps) ................. : yes

RECOMMENDED OPTIONS:
   GraphicsMagick/ImageMagick (Raster maps) : yes (ImageMagick)
   pcre (Shapefile customization) ......... : yes
   dbfawk (Shapefile customization) ....... : yes
   rtree indexing (Shapefile speedups) .... : yes
   map caching (Raster map speedups) ...... : no
   internet map retrieval ................. : yes (libcurl)

FOR THE ADVENTUROUS:
   AX25 (Linux Kernel I/O Drivers) ........ : yes
   libproj (USGS Topos & Aerial Photos) ... : yes
   GeoTiff (USGS Topos & Aerial Photos) ... : no
   Festival (Text-to-speech) .............. : yes
   GDAL/OGR (Obtuse map formats) .......... : no
   GPSMan/gpsmanshp (GPS downloads) ....... : yes

xastir will be installed in /usr/local/bin.
Type 'make' to build Xastir (Use 'gmake' instead on some systems).
</endquote>

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009