[Xastir] Online Tiger maps server?

Craig Anderson acraiga at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 14 16:51:44 EDT 2009

Hi all,
	I found the new 2008 version of the Tiger maps at the Census web site
and tried to get them to work with Xastir but most of the dbfinfo
strings have changed (and even some files have disappeared).  That
means I have to go through all the hassle of reworking the dbfawk
files again.

My question is, how does the online Tiger map server generate such
good-looking maps?  I realize they are raster maps.  What I wan to
know is how they pick the features to display and how they layer
them?  Is there a web site for the server that explains anything?  Who
provides that map server?  What version of Tiger maps are they based on?

Thanks,
Craig
n6yxk