[Xastir] Mac (OSX) Error: Unresolved inheritance operation

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 15 14:17:04 EDT 2009

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> My understanding is that an "unresolved inheritance operation" is due to a
> version mismatch of some kind, some component of Xastir is expecting some
> version of something else (maybe xfig) but it can't find it. What I need is
> someone much closer to the Unix roots of Mac to help me figure out where to
> start looking for the problem.

Definitely not xfig:  That link I sent was just a similar kind of
error to what you're seeing, and they had the error on the xfig
program.

More than likely you've got some library that is compiled to use the
OpenMotif stuff which didn't get updated when you switched to
Lesstif, but it might be hard to find out which one without more
info.

You can do "ldd xastir", which in my case would be:

     /usr/bin/ldd /usr/local/bin/xastir

in order to see all the shared libraries that Xastir is compiled to
use.  In my case on Linux it lists 66 libraries.  These get linked
in by the dynamic loader (part of your OS) when you invoke the
program.  Once they are properly linked the loader passes off
execution to the binary.  Good luck figuring out which ones have a
problem...

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer