[Xastir] Mac OSx Problems..... please help if you can

Keith Kaiser wa0tjt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:52:20 EDT 2009

Xastir, Mac and BSD Unix experts,

The Mac platform is arguably the most customizable in the computer
world. You can choose to run OS X, Windows, and nearly any flavor of
Unix and/or Linix you could want, you can even run them all at the
same time if you wanted to. I know this makes debugging a problem, and
running on it's base OS (BSD Unix) a little more complex but surly
someone out there knows someone else out there who can help me to
resolve the issue below.

I am willing to share screens, so you can type, if you don't like
that, send me detail instructions what to do. I'm not 100% comfortable
in terminal but I'm not afraid of it either, I have some training in
Unix, system admin, etc. I'll do whatever it takes to track down this
problem. To date, I've posted this problem here (twice), I've posted
it at MacPorts, Twitter and on the Apple support site. I've Googled
the error every day for two weeks, and I even started a new group on
LinkedIn to discuss Xastir issues. In short I've looked up and down
the Internet for someone who can help and have struck out, so I'm
asking all of you to reach out to those you know who may know what my
next step should be.

After loading lesstif, unloading OpenMotif, updating all MacPorts, re-
compiling and configing Xastir, all of which went without a hitch,
this is the error I get when I try to launch Xastir with very verbose
logging turned on.

~xastir -v 2047 &
Code #1124 <XADBMST001> data <MySQL (lat/long)> hotkey <>
Code #1125 <XADBMST002> data <Postgreql with Postgis> hotkey <>
Code #1126 <XADBMST003> data <MySQL (spatial)> hotkey <>
Code #1127 <XASCHEMA01> data <Xastir Simple Schema> hotkey <>
Code #1128 <XASCHEMA02> data <Xastir CAD Schema> hotkey <>
Code #1129 <XASCHEMA03> data <Xastir full Schema> hotkey <>
Code #1130 <XASCHEMA04> data <APRSWorld Schema> hotkey <>
LANG 1131
Error: Unresolved inheritance operation

73's
Keith Kaiser