[Xastir] Cygwin

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 24 03:24:51 EDT 2009

If you carefully follow the directions in README.Win32 related to installing
Cygwin, you have about a 75% chance that it'll work.

If you are running XP or Vista, I'd highly suggest trying VMWare instead
unless you have a damaged video subsystem (like I do so I keep fighting to
see if Cygwin works).

Pay special attention to the recently added section about obsolete packages
and xorg-devel.

Once you have Cygwin installed and have used cvs to get the source, you can
ignore the rest of the stuff in the README and just use the scripts in the
scripts directory to get the map tools (and maps) that you need.

http://xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net/xastir/xastir/README.win32?&view=markup

The other note is that if you have less than 640M ram then make sure you
shut down all other programs when trying to compile and make sure you have a
lot of disk space for a Windows swap file.  Cygwin's linker loads every
possible library into memory and then figures out what it needs.

Dave
KD7MYC