[Xastir] fedora 10 problem

Mike GM1WKR gm1wkr at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:47:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have tried to install Xastir from source - no errors during make.
However, when I try and start I get the following error from the terminal ..

[gm1wkr at gm1wkr html]$ xastir

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many formats
allowed)
       geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
festival_client: connect to server failed
SayText: Couldn't open socket to Festival
XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found?
/usr/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm
<<

Would greatly appreciate any help.
Cheers