[Xastir] fedora 10 problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 24 21:41:48 EDT 2009

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Mike GM1WKR <gm1wkr at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> festival_client: connect to server failed
>> SayText: Couldn't open socket to Festival
>
> These are likely because the festival daemon isn't running (or maybe
> firewall/iptables is in the way?)

Those aren't errors anyway, they're just informative.  You didn't
have the Festival daemon running when you started Xastir.  If next
time you do, Xastir will use it.  Xastir will run ok either way.

>> XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found?
>> /usr/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm
>
> /usr/share is suspect - it usually goes in /usr/local/share, unless
> you override the default install tree of /usr/local.  What was your
> configure command line?

More than likely you ran an Xastir at a previous time which was
compiled by somebody else, so your per-user Xastir config files are
set up for /usr instead of /usr/local.  If you don't have anything
in your ~/.xastir/ directory that you wish to keep, blow away the
directory or rename it, then start the new Xastir which will create
the directory and default files there from scratch which will match
your executable.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer