[Xastir] pipe as TNC device?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 22:59:26 EDT 2009

How are you going to mux the streams in the first place?

The socat utility can create a device on the fly that behaves as a standard serial port.  I actually have this set up for Xastir because the TNC/radio is not located in the same place as the computer running Xastir.  So a tiny computer puts the TNC on the network and a TCP connection is established between it and the socat instance on the Xastir machine.