[Xastir] Xastir-Xubuntu Live CD/USB in Parallels on Mac

Keith Kaiser wa0tjt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:08:13 EDT 2009

It's been running for 9 hours 47 minutes... yea.

Here is a question, in the terminal window where I launched Xastir it
says;

Character '\104' not supported in Font.  Discarded.

It does this for a large number of different character numbers. What
does that mean? I'm guessing it has to do with the icon chosen and
that seems to be born out because the one I chose for my station still
says 'No Sys Yet'.

On Mar 27, 2009, at 12:29 AM, Lee Bengston wrote:

> Cool that you chose #2 because now the subject of this thread matches
> up with what you did.   :-)
>
> Maps go in /usr/local/share/xastir/maps
>
> Lee-K5DAT
> Murphy, TX
>
> On 3/26/09, Keith Kaiser <wa0tjt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I chose door number 2 and loaded xubuntu as another virtual machine.
>> Everything went great, and I have wonderful looking maps. I just wish
>> I could have gotten the whole thing working directly on my Mac as I
>> did before I tried to fix things. Lesson learned don't try to fix
>> anything.
>>
>> But that does beg the question, where do I put local maps, what
>> directory? I'll move them from my Mac to the xubuntu environment and
>> not have to re-download them.
>>
>> Thanks guys for all your time and sticking with me to the bitter end.
>>
>> 73's
>> WA0TJT-1  -- on APRS
>>
>> On Mar 26, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Lee Bengston wrote:
>>
>>> At least it all makes sense now.  It appears you have two choices.
>>>
>>> 1) Follow the instructions at the link below including the part
>>> labeled "if you already installed the binary version", which will
>>> remove the Xastir 1.92 binary from your existing Ubuntu virtual
>>> machine under Parallels and install the latests version of Xastir
>>> from
>>> source.