[Xastir] Xastir on OSX success!

Mike Fenske mfenske at telus.net
Fri Mar 27 12:15:35 EDT 2009

Stephen,

Yes, I think you are right. It does not need to be re-installed.

Looking further into this, Fink is needed for me to compile & run Xastir. I had tried earlier to install lesstif via fink, but it didn't work. Installing OpenMotif from http://www.ist-inc.com/DOWNLOADS/motif_download.html has now allowed Xastir to compile under fink.

I have installed pcre via fink and re-compiled Xastir. Xastir now supports pcre and dbfawk.

So, while macports looks like a dead end (at this point anyway), fink seems like an option to compile & run Xastir on OS-X

Mike
VE7MKF