[Xastir] Newbie APRS help

Mike GM1WKR gm1wkr at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 28 10:23:49 EDT 2009

Apologies if this is off-topic for this list.

OK I have APRSD-2.2.5-15 installed from Fedora repo and am very confussed
now.  Some of the docs suggest I can use an existing AX.25 port in
aprsd.conf but when I try that it does not work.  It does work using the
INIT.TNC.

Further, my install uses /etc/aprsd/aprsd.conf and not
/home/aprsd2/aprsd.conf.

Question: Do I need to recompile aprsd from src to build support for AX.25 -
there is no mention in the src docs about how to do that.  (ultimately I
want to use a Baycom device as the 'tnc').

Is there a list for APRSd (I don't want to outstay my welcome here and the
Sourceforge aprsd list is for the developers) as I think I will have a few
more questions yet ;-).

Many Thanks,
Mike