[Xastir] Placing Markers on map

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Mar 31 22:31:54 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 07:28:48PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, AC7YY - Kim wrote:
>
> > The only way I have thought of to update the county EOC with our city
> > EOC map is to take a screen shot every hour or so and then email that
> > screenshot to the county EOC for viewing.
> >
> > Anyone have a better idea? Sure would like to make it a real-time update
> > and over RF.
>
> Have you seen the severe weather alert polygons?  They look like fat
> dashed lines, in red/white, yellow/green, that sort of thing.  That
> format can be transmitted across the air and received on other
> boxes.  All we'd need is a way to generate the format.

There is an unused function in util.c called makeMultiline (written by
yours truly) that will generate the string representing the shape given a list
of x,y pairs.  All that is needed is for someone to create a user interface
for drawing the shapes and creating an object to which the string should be
attached.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation