[Xastir] writing udev rules

AC7YY - Kim ac7yy at comcast.net
Sat May 2 12:48:08 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 08:51 -0500, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> This would be done via custom udev rules.  The following web page will
> give you a run down on writing your own custom rules for Udev:
>
> http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Jeremy, N0YAX

This appears to be a solution to a problem I ran into with the
installation of ubuntu 9.04 on my workstation. As I understand it, 9.04
did away with the legacy method of creation of devices. It uses udev
only.

My problem here, is that pseudo tty ports (ptyp and ttyp pairs) do not
exist in /dev  I have used these to access RF ports for xastir for the
past few years.

Reading the udev rules is confusing me. Has anyone created the ptyp/ttyp
pairs using udev rules? An example would be outstanding.

Advice ??

kim - ac7yy