[Xastir] AGW under WINE

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Sat May 2 15:29:15 EDT 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009 03:14:28 pm Tony Hunt wrote:
> Its all ok Curt,
>
> I am just fiddling. After googling a bit Ive found nothing on the subject
> of AGW and WINE as a combo. I am just curious really and someone else on
> this group was interested. I am actually using multiple TNCs. One is USB
> and one is RS232.
>
> In reality I am better off configuring AX25 up and using that.
>
> I am interested to know if anyone has an idea of how to make the USB TNC
> come up consistantly with the same device designation. Most of the time it
> is /dev/ttyUSB0 but if it gets unplugged it comes back up as /dev/ttyUSB1
> typically.

That's  because the original port is still marked as in use for a few seconds
after you unplug it.   If you wait a little bit before plugging it back in
it should come back as ttyUSB0 again.  At least that's the way all my
systems work.

> This is a pain with xastir in the interfaces menu. Is there a
> way it can be locked as a particular device consistantly ?

Theoretically you should be able to do this with udev rules except almost
all of the usb serial devices lack a unique ID that would let you create
a rule that would name them consistently.

Ken,  N7IPB