[Xastir] AGW under WINE

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sat May 2 20:09:56 EDT 2009

Well I have given this idea away as non viable.

I disabled the firewall and tried again. There is no doubt that AGW was able
to access the COM 1 port correctly. It took the TNC out of KISS mode when I
did an exit from AGW.

Xastir was able to connect to what appeared to be AGW. If AGW isnt there
then it normally brings an error on the interface. This did not happen.
However looking at it the other way AGW was unable to see xastir when I
looked at it by using the "HELP Programs" option to list the connected
clients.

I suspect the Winsock functionality required just wasnt really there under
Wine.
There was no comunication happening from xastir to AGW or vice versa.

I tried using Win 2000 emulation and Win98 also but none of this helped.

Tony Hunt VK5AH