[Xastir] County names layer

Keith Kaiser wa0tjt at gmail.com
Fri May 8 16:54:47 EDT 2009

In my national maps folder I've modified the countyp020.dbfawk file as
you see below. This modifies the county names, making them much larger
than usual and very easy to see, you can see them here if you want; http://kaiserklan.com/snapshot.png

The problem is the county names still lie under the labels of the
stations. I've tried just about every combination of map layers there
is, can someone show me where I've gone wrong and how to make sure
they stay on top?

... just a portion of the countyp020.dbfawk file ...
BEGIN_RECORD {key=""; lanes=3; fill_color=23;
	color=300; label_color=10;
	name=""; filled=0; pattern=0;
	display_level=8192; label_level=550;
	symbol=""; font_size=8}

/^COUNTY=(.*)$/ {name="$1 ";}
..... end

No doubt you've also noted this is for the online Tiger maps, I'd like
to do the same thing with the 2008 Tiger maps but I've been unable to
figure out which dbfawk file to edit, let alone how to edit it. So any
help here would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance guys.

73's
Keith Kaiser