[Xastir] libWand.so.10 missing

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat May 9 16:46:01 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 11:36:37AM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <radioguy at frontiernet.net> flavor, containing:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I finally got it going WOO HOO :-)
> I tried what several people said and it still said
> xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libWand.so.10: cannot open
> So I did some reading and did the following
> I did a ./configure --without-imagemagick  and it came up!
> I am green to how linux works oh well

Of course, that means you can't use any map types that require imagemagick.
That's all the on-line maps and some other significant raster formats.

To get past this, you almost certainly need to remove all the ImageMagick
packages you have installed and then install the current ones as listed on
the Wiki from the Ubuntu 9.04 repositories.  It sounds like you've got some
packages that aren't quite matched up after the system upgrade, so the easiest
thing to do is clear 'em out and install the right ones again.

> Denton K. Larson wrote:
> > Hi everybody
> >
> > I have a problem.
> >
> > I used to use Ubuntu 8.10, I recently and it worked GREAT!
> > I upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04 and I have a problem with Xastir.
> > It won't load. I have tried to reinstall but I get this.
> >
> > dlarson at dlarson-desktop:~/xastir-1.9.5$ xastir
> > xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libWand.so.10: cannot

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation