[Xastir] VMWare, CVS, & DAO -- probably dumb questions...

riverridge@centurytel.net cen94999 at centurytel.net
Mon May 11 19:14:32 EDT 2009

Hi........

Sorry if these are questions that I should be able to answer myself, but I am getting tired and haven't found the answer yet....... anyway, I was running  openSUSE on an old laptop, but the lack of drivers for the modem and wireless and problems with the CD reader lead me to move to a different old laptop.  On this one, I loaded a clean install of Windows Xp with all the drivers and everything working -- as well as windows works....( but it is what I know)

On this machine, I installed VMware and then installed a pre-built xastir virtual machine from the binary, Xubuntu Hardy updated 3/7/2009 (Xastir-Hardy_090307.zip)

Since I am using the ArgentDatas new T2-301 trackers and I understand that they are capable transmitting DAO format data, I would like to try to get that working.   Last July, there was a discussion of Xastir using DAO format data and Curt indicated that it was turned on in the development release of Xastir.

So now with using VMWare, can I switch to CVS to get the current "state of the art"?  Do I just follow the "How to: CVS" document?

Is there a way for me to check to see if the DAO format data utilization is turned on in the version that I am already using?

I know that I have read the answer to this somewhere, but have been unable to lay my fingers on it this evening.....  How do I make is so that each tracker on the screen has a different colored trail?  Right now, all three trails are all royal blue.

Many thanx........... jt

pre-built xastir virtual machine

 --
 Jim Tolbert