[Xastir] VMWare, CVS, & DAO -- probably dumb questions...

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Mon May 11 19:40:23 EDT 2009

> So now with using VMWare, can I switch to CVS to get the current "state of the art"?  Do I just follow the "How to: CVS" document?
>
> Is there a way for me to check to see if the DAO format data utilization is turned on in the version that I am already using?

I don't have the VMware version installed myself, so I can only half
help you here. I believe the VMware image was built with Xastir from
CVS. It probably already has whatever DAO features are in the dev
version of Xastir (I don't know specifically what these are--Curt?).

If you'd like to update Xastir to the most current CVS version, run
the update-xastir.sh script. It will be in the main Xastir source
directory, probably ~/src/xastir/update-xastir.sh or similar. If you
do a "locate update-xastir.sh" from terminal, it should find it; then
you'll know where to go to run it. The update-xastir.sh script will
download the latest from CVS, compile, and install it. You'll be asked
halfway through the process for your sudo password.

Hope this helps.

Tom KD7LXL