[Xastir] VMWare, CVS, & DAO -- probably dumb questions...

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon May 11 22:38:45 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 04:40:23PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <esarfl at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> > So now with using VMWare, can I switch to CVS to get the current "state of the art"? ??Do I just follow the "How to: CVS" document?
> >
> > Is there a way for me to check to see if the DAO format data utilization is turned on in the version that I am already using?
>
> I don't have the VMware version installed myself, so I can only half
> help you here. I believe the VMware image was built with Xastir from
> CVS. It probably already has whatever DAO features are in the dev
> version of Xastir (I don't know specifically what these are--Curt?).

It was built from CVS as it stood on the day the virtual machine was built.
That means you can update it fairly easily.

See

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:VMware#Updating_xastir

for instructions on how to update Xastir from CVS in the VM.  This will bring
you up-to-date in just a few commands.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation