[Xastir] VMWare, CVS, & DAO -- probably dumb questions...

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue May 12 04:57:14 EDT 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Tom Hayward wrote:

> I don't have the VMware version installed myself, so I can only half
> help you here. I believe the VMware image was built with Xastir from
> CVS. It probably already has whatever DAO features are in the dev
> version of Xastir (I don't know specifically what these are--Curt?).

xastir/src/db.c:

/*
  * Try to find a !DAO! format datum and extra precision string from the
  * comment field of an APRS location packet (incl. objects and items).
  * If !DAO! is found, it is removed from the comment.
  * See http://web.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/datum.txt
  * Tapio Sokura OH2KKU <tapio.sokura at iki.fi> 2007-11-15
  */
int decode_dao (int *lat, int *lon, char *datumch, char *daocomment) {

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer