[Xastir] NEXRAD interference - Wind farms

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 15 07:29:00 EDT 2009

This may be a bit OT but beneficial to the weather spotters that use Xastir.

We have a windfarm site that gets into the base sweep of the NEXRAD
radar and puts up a patch that looks like a localized shower/storm

To wit, I am going to create a shapefile that will have the state
windfarms located on it.

Would it be better to make the shapefile for CONUS or on a state-wide
basis? Comments please.
The file could be kept on the wiki site and updated by members, as needed.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO