[Xastir] pos file

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu May 21 20:56:01 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 08:52:49PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <k4int1 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 21 May 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:
> >
> >  All the links on the wiki except those to the new GNIS format are dead.
> >> I'll look around and see what I can find.
> >>

> > You need the new GNIS format as I recall, 'cuz the code that handled
> > the old format doesn't work in Xastir anymore.  At least if you've
> > been keeping up to date with CVS.
> >
> > If you haven't, then you need the old format and I can supply an
> > example.  Let me know.
> >

> The current development version supports old and new format GNIS files.
> The old format is retained by changing the suffix to .pop instead
> of .gnis to represent that it is a population oriented file and not
> matching the current GNIS format.

And ftp to aprs.tamu.edu in the pub/GNIS directory will get you some old-format
GNIS files (with the old ".gnis" extension --- you'll have to rename them to
use them in Xastir since Jerry added new-format GNIS support).

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation