[Xastir] pos file

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Fri May 22 00:50:31 EDT 2009

On May 21, 2009, at 18:58, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Thu, 21 May 2009, Keith Kaiser wrote:
>
>> All the links on the wiki except those to the new GNIS format are
>> dead. I'll look around and see what I can find.
>
> You need the new GNIS format as I recall, 'cuz the code that handled
> the old format doesn't work in Xastir anymore.  At least if you've
> been keeping up to date with CVS.
>
> If you haven't, then you need the old format and I can supply an
> example.  Let me know.

Can someone email me a link to a new GNIS file (perhaps CT)? I'm going
to need to do what Keith did today or tomorrow for a Sunday event. I
too have a UIView pos file. Given that it's a dead product, it's
amazing how many folks (even new to APRS) use it. It'll be interesting
to see what happens as it ages more.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn