[Xastir] I hope this is a sick joke but I'm afraid that it probably isn't

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 5 20:14:39 EST 2009

I have received the news that Bob Donnell KD7NM became a Silent Key this
last Tuesday.

I wish that this message would trigger him responding and saying that rumors
of his demise are greatly exaggerated.  But the sources that have reported
this to me lead me to believe that his response will never be typed or sent.

I have no information regarding any services or memorials at this time.

Bob was, after my Aunt and Uncle (Pat N7CAK, SK and Cal W7SFT), one of my
earliest mentors.  He was a true Elmer who made sure that not only were the
rules ingrained but the reasons and events behind the rules explained.  He
was the one who invited me to become part of the Public Service Team that
Gene and Fran Underwood W7AKA / N7FWZ organize and ride herd over.  His
knowledge and experiences were invaluable tools when it came to helping me
with my radios and operating skills.

Due to my work schedule this year I was not able to come out and play as
much as I would have liked but I was looking forward to working with him
during the upcoming Seattle Marathon.  Now it seems that I won't have that
chance.

David
KD7MYC