[Xastir] [OZAPRS] XASTIR - maps

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Tue Nov 24 06:27:51 EST 2009

Curt or Someone

Can someone respond to Hamish regards the debian packages for xastir
including the Ubuntu ones. Hamish is the maintainer for the debian packages
of xastir. He is unaware of the issues with these packages of recent times
with Image magic and the Maps.
I realise the problems are not specific to his package but to do with the
way the switches and compiling of GM/IM in Debian that are the cause. There
was some talk of including a check in the source code for these compile
options. Perhaps a fix can be included into the Deb packages so that things
like apt-get and Synaptic actually produce a running and useful xastir
installation for those who follow that line of installation.

Then we will stop getting posts on here asking why the Maps are just black
boxes and then spending time in HowTos and Wikis and work arounds. Hamish
seems to prefer a bug report or in debians bug tracker. See below.

Can someone take this up as I will fast get out of my depth on this one.

Tony  Hunt VK5AH  wavetel at internode.on.net