[Xastir] New Amateur Radio/Linux Forum

David Lane kg4giy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 13:27:57 EST 2009

Good afternoon,

As most of you know I dabble a little with Linux and other Open Source
Software.  A few of you know I occasionally scramble a few electrons and
blog my thoughts on Linux and Open Source for the Linux Journal (
http://www.linuxjournal.com).  What most of you do not know is that for the
past month and change, I have been working as the guest editor for the Linux
Journal's January 2010 issue (on newsstands soon) focusing on Open Source
and Amateur Radio.

Today, I flung open the doors at the Linux Journal's virtual ham shack (
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/welcome-ham-shack) and I wanted to take
a moment to invite you all to drop by and share your thoughts and maybe pick
up a trick or two.

As anyone working with D-Star repeaters knows, Linux is an integral part of
the gateways that connect them but there are many other aspects of the hobby
that are also well represented and there are full development streams within
the major distributions just for Amateur Radio.  And you cannot beat the
price.

So take a moment and stop by and leave your thoughts!

Thanks to everyone who has made this possible,

DAVID

--
David A. Lane, KG4GIY
EC/RO Prince William County ARES®/RACES