[Xastir] CVS install on Fedora12

Fred Erickson fredferickson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 03:50:18 EST 2009

I just finished a CVS install of Xastir on Fedora 12 following the
instructions provided on the XastirWiki. Everything worked good -
thanks to the author - great job.

One small change: the section on installing libproj includes the
following lines - 'wget
http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-datumgrid-1.4.zip'
and 'tar xzvf proj-dat*.gz'
The second command couldn't find a .gz file of course and tar didn't
recognize the 'zip' extension when I changed the command to match the
file name. I used the Archive Manager/File Roller to unzip the file.

Just ran Xastir briefly and everything seems to work. There were a few
font errors in the terminal window that I'll have to look into later.

Fred, KL7FE