[Xastir] Loading Maps on Xubuntu - Xastir-Hardy_090307

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:47:47 EDT 2009

On 10/7/09, Nick <nwsnowboarder at verizon.net> wrote:
> Thank you to everyone who responded.  I transfered over part of the
> files using the shell, then changed the Xubuntu log in, Groups to root,
> so I completed the operation in maps and now  have my Washington and
> Oregon maps in the map folder.

Realizing this issue is solved, I thought it might be helpful for
future Xubuntu Virutal Machine use...

Typing sudo thunar in a terminal window will launch the file manager
(Thunar) in root mode, which will allow copying of files to any
directory without modifying the permissions. Once Thunar is in root
mode, however, it is also possible to change permissions by right
clicking on a directory or file, left clicking properties, and left
clicking the permissions tab.  Therefore it is possible to change
permissions via the GUI.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX