[Xastir] APRS in Southern California

Tom, ve7did ve7did at dccnet.com
Fri Oct 9 12:11:06 EDT 2009

I was recently in the Murietta/Temecula areas and was not able to get
any data out  to the APRS system. I had a perfect track all the way from
BC down to the areas just north of Murietta.  There are a few digi's in
the area which I could hear but my OT would not "trigger" the digi's.  I
was able to see US vehicles in the area on aprs.fi however my tracker
was not being digi'ed.  I did talk to one of the operators down there
and he says nothing is different from the other parts of the country,
but there must be something different.   As soon as I left the area to
return, everything started tracking again.  Nothing was done to my
equipment.

It is not a real big deal, but it sure is curious.  Perhaps they have a
filter on the digi's or something, which does not allow "VE's to be digi'ed.

Anyone have any contacts which may shed some light on the situation.

--
Propagation Knows No Boundaries
73 de Tom,  ve7did