[Xastir] Xastir stable release 1.9.6

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Oct 10 21:48:05 EDT 2009

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> FWIW:  A Google search on this string:
>
>    "_libintl_gettext" 2009 "Undefined symbols:"
>
> Returned 782 entries.  I'm pretty sure that means it's not
> Xastir-specific, but OSX-specific.  I couldn't find an easy answer
> in there, but perhaps upgrading/downgrading your autoconf/automake
> tools might fix it, as it appears to be a problem in finding
> gettext, but then having it in the link later.

Adding "fix" to the search string knocked it down to 75 results,
from which I snagged this tidbit:

   "The easy fix is to add `-liconv` to the `configure.ldflags`"

To do this, perhaps edit configure.ac and find the first place
LDFLAGS is manipulated:

     LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $X_LIBS"

and change it to:

     LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -liconv $X_LIBS"

Then run ./bootstrap.sh and ./configure again.