[Xastir] Ubuntu 9.04 instructions updated on wiki (proj.4 issue)

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Mon Oct 12 06:26:02 EDT 2009

All,

I just finished updating the Ubuntu 9.04 instructions on the wiki to
include compiling proj.4 and libgeotiff from source instead of using
the binaries. If you weren't following the other thread about this,
Tom Russo pointed out recently (and a few months ago) that
Ubuntu/Debian variants have an incorrectly built proj.4 in the
repositories. I finally got motivated to update the wiki entry.

Note that I did not cover removing the binary of proj.4 and
libgeotiff, just installing on a fresh system. If someone else would
like to tackle that feel free though. Also, any corrections to the
wiki entry would be appreciated. I tried to make sure it works, but I
could have easily made mistakes. I won't be offended if you find a
better way of doing things and change the wiki entry.

Finally, I tested the previous version of the Ubuntu instructions on
the Ubuntu 9.10 Beta last week and they worked fine without
modification, so I expect that this revision will work as well. I will
do a final test when Ubuntu 9.10 is officially released

Thanks.

Kevin
KB9MQU