[Xastir] Wx alerts

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 12 13:23:22 EDT 2009

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Dale Seaburg wrote:

> OK, I did look at the wiki, but it's still not clear to me "exactly" what is
> needed to get Wx Alerts to show up on the map.  It's seems that the Wx Alert
> references are scattered amongst a number of links in the wiki.

> I have run the script, and done the enabling per above instructions.  Now, I
> see where I might have to be "connected" to a server???  I am not using
> xastir as an iGate.  I din't see the need to be connected in the wiki for Wx
> Alerts.  Maybe it was in one of the many links I did not rabbit-chase down.
> What am I missing?
>
> In other words, in one concise place, are there docs that spell out (from
> start to finish) what has to be set up in xastir, what has to be working
> outside of xastir, etc to get the confounded Wx Alerts working?  If not, then
> what would be the best way of tracking this down so it's not so obscured?
>
> I apologize for the frustrating tone of this email, but I'm at my wits-end...

I was quite busy when you wrote that, so couldn't jump on it.  Can
we start a private dialog between you and I to work through the
issues, what you've done so far, and figure out a works-every-time
procedure?  We can then create a Wiki page on the topic to help the
next person who needs it.

I may have to set up a VirtualBox or VMWare Linux instance to test
it out with a clean install.  Or borrow one of my kids' machines
remotely:  I think one of those machines is still Xastir-free.