[Xastir] [Xastir-dev] Can we have a new stable version please?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Oct 14 02:55:40 EDT 2009

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009, Carl Makin wrote:

> 1.9.4 was released in August 08.  Is there a chance we could get a new
> stable version released?
>
> I'd like to update the FreeBSD port!

Of course I found out that weather alerts weren't working as they
should today, so the 1.9.6 release last saturday isn't as "shiny" as
it should be anymore.

Please update to the latest CVS to get the new dbfawk files which
match the latest NWS maps, plus run the new scripts/get-NWSdata as
root to get those new NWS maps.  Run ./bootstrap.sh, ./configure,
make, make install to get the dbfawk files installed properly.

I'm working on additional issues with a change in the weather alert
format when we went from Dale's WXSVR to Pete's new weather server,
but Pete's still putting out both formats for us at the moment.  I
need to get the tweaks in sometime soon for when he stops doing
that.  On or about August 1st I asked for six months of dual-format
weather alerts to give us time to make the changes to Xastir and
propagate them.