[Xastir] Debian Squeeze Make issues

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Mon Oct 19 01:47:32 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 03:47:07PM +1030, Tony Hunt wrote:
> Anyway, as the subject infers, I am currently trying to compile Xastir-1.9.6 with Debian Squeeze.
> I have had problems with tiff development files.  I get the following errors when running make:
>
> map_tif.c:88:21: error: xtiffio.h: No such file or directory
> map_tif.c:91:27: error: geo_normalize.h: No such file or directory

I got this today with 1.9.4.  It is normal.  Debian and Ubuntu packages
work around this problem by configuring the source in a special way.
Read debian/rules after "apt-get source xastir" to see this:

build:
	CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/geotiff ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man

After I configured in that fashion, the errors went away.

I don't know why the default configure doesn't pick it up.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/