[Xastir] $PGRMW waypoint support

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 22 15:56:03 EDT 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> I've been considering a headless xastir installation for the truck.
> The Garmin supplemental waypoint data (e.g. as implemented in the T2)
> would be nice to have.  Any thoughts before I throw another feature
> request at the developers?

We already send out "$GPWPL" strings to an attached GPS under
certain circumstances.  I believe it was tied into the distance
parameter for audio alerts ('cuz it was easy to tie into that at the
time and didn't require yet another GUI parameter box and associated
code to support), so you get waypoints posted to your GPS within
that radius.  Good enough?