[Xastir] Problems with a KAM+

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Sat Oct 24 02:29:10 EDT 2009

So a while back I wrote that I was having problems with my KAM+ when
using Xastir.  Tonight I started messing with it again to see if I
could get it working but I'm running into the same problems as before.

When I hook up my KPC-9612+ it transmits fine.  When I then hook up my
KAM+, using the same configuration, and hit "send position" I get the
following:

W4OTN>APX194,WIDE2-2:=\;ci:;.Vo-   WLNK-1 XASTIR-Linux
    $
EH?

I can down the interface and bring up a terminal window and the KAM+
is in conv mode and if I hit "enter" the TNC will transmit.

Anyone have any ideas?  I'd really like to get this unit up on HF.

73,
Eric W4OTN