[Xastir] Problems with a KAM+

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 09:32:20 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Eric Christensen
<eric at christensenplace.us> wrote:
> So a while back I wrote that I was having problems with my KAM+ when
> using Xastir.  Tonight I started messing with it again to see if I
> could get it working but I'm running into the same problems as before.
>
> When I hook up my KPC-9612+ it transmits fine.  When I then hook up my
> KAM+, using the same configuration, and hit "send position" I get the
> following:
>
> W4OTN>APX194,WIDE2-2:=\;ci:;.Vo-   WLNK-1 XASTIR-Linux
>    $
> EH?
>
> I can down the interface and bring up a terminal window and the KAM+
> is in conv mode and if I hit "enter" the TNC will transmit.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?  I'd really like to get this unit up on HF.
>
> 73,
> Eric W4OTN

The KAM+ is in command mode and it not recognizing the text as a valid command.
Right now your KAM is terminal mode. Xastir should be configured as
TNC in serial port.

What kind of setting are you using for conecting Xastir to this TNC ?

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217