[Xastir] version 1.9.4 on Ubuntu Mint

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 21 23:14:48 EDT 2009

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, James Cameron wrote:

> Sounds like Network Manager.  On systems that I consider critical to my
> operations ... I remove that package and configure the network manually.
>
> Network Manager is however great for those who don't want to think about
> networking.  ;-)

Or for hooking in to open public wifi.  I loaded KTray inside FVWM2
so that I could run knetworkmanager for the wifi stuff.  This lets
me hook in to the free wifi at whatever restaurant the hams are
currently having brunch at.

For my desktop & server machines I don't use DHCP or NetworkManager.
They're all statically configured.