[Xastir] Xastir as a igate?

Jacob Tennant k8jwt at comcast.net
Sun Sep 27 23:03:11 EDT 2009

I have got my xastir setup running on a old laptop under Fedora11 but was
wondering how this is going to work when I go to connect the TNC as the
laptop only has USB ports. I have a USB to serial adapter I got from MFJ for
use on a soundcard interface but never have tried to use it under Fedora11
linux.

Any suggestions?

Like I said in the subject line I am going to set this laptop up as a
unattended igate system in my workshop with a old radio and MFJ-1270C TNC
soas to serve my area as well as get more activity going again.

PS: How can I tell xastir to pass NWS laerts from the internet stream as I
am using the user defined server ports so as to not overload the laptops
cpu.

Jacob Tennant - K8JWT