[Xastir] No radar

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun Sep 27 01:26:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, James Jolin wrote:

> Using online UsRadar.geo.  The other geo file did now work either.  Wget is
> installed.

Actually, I haven't seen any data from USRadar.geo or WMSRadar.geo for
several weeks, probably over a month.  Just before that, there seemed to
be a change in the background color, because my screen went black, or
actually something not quite black, because black was coded in my .geo
file as transparent.  Then shortly after that, I stopped seeing any radar
data.  I didn't notice it right away, because we were having a run of
severely clear weather.  But just now I zoomed out to zoom level 7000,
showing the entire eastern half of the US, and there's not a single blip,
which I don't believe for a minute...
   I think the server must be down.  In his last post here, Gerry said
something about alligators up to his eyeballs...  I wish I was in a
position to help.  But at this distance, I can only be patient.

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009