[Xastir] Mapping question

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 29 20:25:07 EDT 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Jacob Tennant wrote:

> I have Precision Mapping 8.? from my Windows computers UI-View setup and was
> wondering if there was any way to use it for maps under xastir?

We don't support any methods to use proprietary maps in Xastir.
That would open us up to all kinds of problems.

If you've bought the maps and the shrink-wrap (or other) licensing
agreement doesn't prevent you from doing so, please ask questions
such as:  I have a GIF/JPEG/PNG/etc file or files that I'd like to
georeference for use with Xastir, can you help me to do that?