[Xastir] Mapping question

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:29:53 EDT 2009

On 9/29/09, Jacob Tennant <k8jwt at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have Precision Mapping 8.? from my Windows computers UI-View setup and was
> wondering if there was any way to use it for maps under xastir?
>
> Jacob Tennant - K8JWT

That question has been asked before - who needs mail list archives
when you never delete anything :-)

(see below)
---------------------

Earl Needham
<needhame1 at plateautel.net> 	Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 8:48 AM
To: xastir at xastir.org
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original

       I have Precision Mapping available here, since I've been using
it with UI-View32 for quite some time.  Is there a way to use the
Precision Mapping maps with Xastir?

       Thanks,
       Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cw_bugs
ZUT

J. Lance Cotton
<joe at lightningflash.net> 	Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 9:42 AM
To: Earl Needham <needhame1 at plateautel.net>
Cc: xastir at xastir.org
on 6/28/2007 8:48 AM Earl Needham said the following:
>         I have Precision Mapping available here, since I've been using
> it with UI-View32 for quite some time.  Is there a way to use the
> Precision Mapping maps with Xastir?

Take a screenshot of the map area you like, and set up a .geo file that
references the corner points of the screenshot with the real locations under
those corner points.

Xastir cannot interface directly with external mapping programs, period.
Main reason is it's often against the terms of use for those mapping
programs, or the interface method is proprietary or costly.

-Lance

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net