[Xastir] Problems with new callpass? or APRS-IS

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:52:54 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm very newly licensed (KJ6CKB) and am having trouble with my new
callsign with xastir connecting to APRS-IS. This question may be more
appropriate for another list, just let me know. I've been playing
around with xastir for quite a while using a totally bogus call-sign
(PLAYA-9). This has always worked just fine. When I received my new
call sign, I ran it through callpass and plugged it into xastir and
get nothing back from APRS-IS. I've observed similar behavior with an
APRS iPhone app called iBCNU. Basically, APRS-IS just doesn't seem to
like my callsign and/or the pass generated with callpass (17833) ...
I've verified that other people with similar call signs seem to have
the same problem. Is my copy of callpass seriously old and doesn't
recognize new callsigns in this series? Or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Jeff