[Xastir] UK govt licences map data - any use in Xastir?

Dave H davekh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 19:23:49 EDT 2010

Thanks Andrew
I'm a little confused how to use the shape files you mentioned, having
downloaded them, I haven't have much time sorting out how, but the quick
read I had was a need to create a DBFAWK file, then I got lost..

I think if we can sort using OSM and/or OS map data in xastir then when we
try and get UK folk to use xastir, there will be much more chance getting
beyond a demo and the "uiview maps are better"  - that was an often
unimpressed reaction we got over the many years our Linux User Group has
demo'd Linux, xastir etc at a local hamfest.

Even if its a 'download these files' then run this script against them - I'm
sure the UK could begin to catch up on the quality and quantity the US has
with mapping.

Dave H
G0CER / KJ4QAO